This week was transfers. Monday Elder Luke flew to Turks and Caicos Islands. Elder Randle went to Grand Cayman Tuesday. Elder Johnson came back from Turks and Caicos, Elder Dale returned from Cayman, and Elder Tracy & Elder Kocherhans came from the Bahamas. Elder Tracy was going home this week and Elder Kocherhans came for the Zone Leader training this next week with Elder Anderson. (He couldn’t remain without a companion and his new companion’s immigration isn’t ready yet. He would have come for the training anyway so it worked out well to come a week early when his companion was going home).
I worked on inputing baptism records, updated the final baptism certificates for Elders going home this week, and ordered tickets for the people going on the next trip to the Panama City Temple. Five of the people paid their own way and three received assistance through the Temple Patron Assistance Fund.
I made waffles for the missionaries in the office Tuesday morning—a tradition for transfers week. Elder Randle was happy he was there before his flight to Cayman. The facilities manager and his new assistant as well as Pres. Medley enjoyed them, too. I had more baptisms to enter and assembled New Member Packets and typed the New Member letters to include so they could be distributed with the transferring missionaries. Two new Elders arrived Tuesday night so I had their immigration paperwork to prepare for them, and then process.
We told Elder Tracy, Elder Brough, Elder Huffaker, and Sister and Elder Russell goodby Wednesday night. Their flight home was early Thursday morning. I had some Distribution orders to get to the missionaries who needed them.
Thursday I prepared the monthly area report listing baptisms for each country in our mission as well as number of missionaries serving in each country. We enjoyed a quick visit with Elder and Sister Smith who brought back all the items the Russells had in their apartment that belonged to the mission.
Elder Daniels felt an earthquake early Friday morning. We later learned it was 4.2 on the Richter Scale. I slept right through it! We are grateful it wasn’t any worse and didn’t cause any damage. I was thrilled to receive the beautiful bouquet at the office from Amy and Bryce for an early Mother’s Day gift. You can see them in the attached picture. I typed advancement letters to send to parents of the missionaries who are new zone leaders or trainers. Then I sent a letter to all the Branch Presidents regarding school kits. The Humanitarian missionaries are bringing them in this June and need a count of how many are needed in each branch before they donate the rest. I made the IDs for the new missionaries that have laminated miniature copies of their passports and work permits.
Saturday we cleaned, did laundry, and got groceries. That evening we celebrated Sister Flakes’ birthday with the Flakes and Schaefermeyers by eating at a Chinese restaurant and then playing games at one of their apartments. Later we left messages for some parents to set up their missionary’s Mother’s Day calls. I reviewed the Primary lesson in case I would teach and finalized the sharing time presentation before putting together some Mother’s Day gifts for the mothers in our branch--note cards tied with ribbon.
Today we picked up Abby, the handicapped girl in our branch, on the way to church. We had a good Sacrament meeting. Elder Stone was transferred to Yallahs to take Elder Huffaker’s place. He gave a nice talk on Mothers. Bro. CampbelI spoke on the Abrahamic Covenant. Then Elder Daniels gave a nice tribute to our mothers. We had only one boy in Primary and no other Primary workers besides me. So he and I sang Mother’s Day songs, had the lesson, and then sharing time. I taught Jordan a music lesson while the Branch Council met and Elder Daniels had interviews. We made a couple of visits before coming back to Kingston. Elder Daniels made a nice dinner and then we enjoyed talking to family. We love emails and phone calls from family.
We love you all very much and hope all is well with you.
Love,
Mom and Dad, Sister and Elder Daniels
No comments:
Post a Comment